At YPA Trust, trading as Paris Plus Plus (ABN 34 201 106 847), we recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
When we refer to personal information, we mean information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably determined.
We collect and deal with your personal information so that we can better:
- assist you with your transactions with us;
- tell you about and improve our products, services, and experiences that we offer to you;
- support our business administration and related functions;
- assist with any enquiries you make;
- meet our legal obligations; and
- for other reasons you might reasonably expect us to use your personal information for.
Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
What type of personal information do we collect?
When we collect and hold personal information, it may include details such as your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, gender, stated or likely preferences and interests (e.g. whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions), and any other details reasonably related to your shopping experience (e.g. you might provide sizing details when shopping for apparel) or dealings with us
How we collect your personal information
Normally, we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- When you access and use our website or WiFi services, or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- When you provide information to our staff;
- When you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- When you interact with us during promotions, competitions, or special events.
Cookies and other technologies
We may collect personal information about you using cookies and other technologies when you visit our websites to create a better and more consistent shopping experience that is more personal to you.
You can delete cookies that are already on your computer by going to the “settings” section in your browser which should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to use certain functions of our website.
Social media and other third party websites
We use a number of third party websites and social media platforms including, Instagram and Facebook.
We may make use of any information that you make public when you use any such services or platforms. Such information available for use by us may include images and text relating to us or our products, services, promotions or events.
You may be able to access other third party websites through our websites. If the operators of those third party websites collect information about you, we may have arrangements in place with those third parties that allows us to collect or have access to that information.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically, we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper), this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions or services in connection with our business, such as delivery; product repair or recall; payment processing; marketing; banking; mailing functions; gateway provision; insurance; document management; information technology services including data storage, hosting and security; for operation of our websites; or where we are otherwise required to by law. We may also disclose personal information to our related companies, and to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to those third parties.
Your personal information may be disclosed in connect with any Purpose to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our related companies and brands;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors and data entry service providers;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities; and
- for any other purpose permitted by law.
We may send your direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands partners and suppliers via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to, email, SMS, regular mail, social media and other digital channels. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the Unsubscribe link. You may also update your personal information by editing your online profile. You may also receive marketing communications by post, email, SMS direct and digital channels from our retail brands, partners and suppliers who provide goods and services to us. We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you have any questions or would like to raise any concerns about your personal information, please email, or write to us. As always, we value your feedback and ideas.
If you make a complaint with us regarding your personal information, we will aim to respond to your complaint within 30 days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation, our esponse may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
Last update: April 2019